Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Some serious beach time :)

A relatively small island, a great beach, blue skies, temperature around 30 degrees, palm trees, hammocks, coral, jungle, geat food, parties at the beach bar, great people, beach volley..... that is how I have spent the previous week week on Pulau Tioman. Sometimes it rainned a little but most of the time that was at night. It was hard to leave the island but I succeeded. I am actually happy now that I have not been to Sumatra because there are so many things to do in Malaysia, so many places to go. The people are extremely friendly and the food is amazing. I already have the feeling that I am starting to run out of time in Malaysia. Last night I arrived in Malaka, back on the West coast. They call it the history town of Malaysia, full of Dutch, Portuguese and English influences. Walked around Chinatown for a while today.
I have been hanging out with Nina (England) and Sonia (Canada) and we are going to travel together for the next week or so. First a quick stop back in KL and then up to Taman Nagara, a jungle - rainforest national park. We are planning to do some trekking there but you'll hear all about that in a week or so. That is if I won't be eaten by a tiger, sucked out by leeches or been sung by a bird spider (we saw a framed dead one today!!!! I get the chills when I tink back of it !!!)

Salamat Tingal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home