Thursday, December 28, 2006

Party time in Rio

I am on my third day (and night) in Rio and it has been good fun. Every night I have been going out and really enjoying the Rio nightlife. First night I went to a band called Revelação at the Salgueiro samba school. Yesterday there was forro in Lapa and tonight I´ll head to a samba rehearsal night of the Beija-flor samba school. Improving my Brasilian dancing skills :)In the hostel where I stay in Rio I first felt a bit odd as most people are in their early 20´s and I felt like an old tart but in the meantime I have met some nice people who also enjoy the Brasilian music kind of partying and don´t prefer to get hammered in some electro club as it seems that most of the early 20´s backpackers seem to be into.
Today was a rainy day so I just chilled a bit, recovered from the last night out and after it stopped raining went to the beach to read for some hours.

Gotta go take a shower and get ready for SAMBA!

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger The Traveling Belgian said...

Hi Heidi:
Feliz año nuevo vanuit Quito! Ik geniet nog van mijn laatste uurtjes hier en ik zal proberen zo snel mogelijk mijn blog wat bij te werken. Nog veel Samba plezier.
Anneke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home