Sunday, November 18, 2007

typing slowly....

Just a quick one as typing still goes slowly. That is because I broke my right arm about 2 weeks ago while sandboarding. That was on day 3 of the trip I am guiding but things turned out ok. Annelies came down to Arequipa for a few days to assist me at tying my shoes, cutting my food, washing my hair etc.., which was a great help and good fun! In two more weeks my cast should be coming off, just in time for the Brasilian beaches :-)

The trip has been good so far, with a good group. Only in the last few days there have been some issues. At the entrance of the Inca trail, after some hours of waiting, they told me that there was no permit for me to go on the trek. By that time most of the group had already been hiking, just two others had to stay behind too but could eventually start hiking. Nothing to do about it - just bad organisation from the local company? Joker? who knows - but I had to chicken bus back to Cusco where I slept at the Vamos Expeditions office and went partying with the Marlenys, Mario and, being Vamos staff and Joker guide. Good fun but I was looking forward to hiking - even if it is the 3rd time on the Inca trail. Today I bussed and trained to Aguas Calientes and tomorrow I´ll take the bus up to Machu Picchu at 5:30 (auch) to go and find my group. Looking forward to seeing them again and hearing their stories and reaction to the fact that I didn´t show up on the first day of the hike.

More news from Lima soon as the trip is almost over....

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoi,

heb ik eindelijk weer eens gekeken.. schrijf je maar zo weinig en waar zijn de foto"s? hihi..
of wil je me niet te jaloers maken?
Hoe is het met je arm? Nog fysiotherapie nodig? Betaald de zorg verzekeraar de vlucht?

groetjes van sinterklaas en Jet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home