Thursday, December 06, 2007

Riding on the Sacred heart of Jesus

Nono, I have not been converted to any religion, the title is just the name of the boat that took me to Manaus.
The trip took eventually only 3 full days and nights and was actually very pleasant. A very nice boat, nice people (except for the obese annoying 10 year old neighbour who kept hasseling me)and decent food. Most of the time I spent in my hammock reading or just on the top deck watching the forest and river. A very relaxing 3 days. Hopefully I will be ableto post some pics soon.

Arriving in Manaus I went on the next expedition, trying to get my cast off. After trying at 4 hospitals (1 being too expensive, 3 could´t do it and sent me off)I bought a brace and had two Spanish girls cutting it off for me at the hostel using some old rusty plyers and nail scissors. But, after a half hour I was FREE!!!! It still hurts quite a bit without the cast but with the brace it feels pretty much the same as with the cast, only lighter and I can take it off to take a shower etc.

Tomorrow I should be continuing my travels on the Amazon. Going from Manaus to Santarem where there is a small place nearby caller Alter do Chão which should be very nice. The trip should take about 2 days. We´ll see....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home